- 24th September 2019
- Presidential Address’ Materials @ Napier Dr Neil Shearer
- 15th October2019
- AGM & Talks from SSERC & Formula Student Team.
- 19th November 2019
- Downhole metallurgy’ Ed Wade Metal Ecosse
- 9th January 2020 – Joint meeting with TWI Glasgow
- ‘WAAM process for additive manufacture & TOUR of AMRL’ Dr David Gill TechnipFMC
- 22nd Wednesday January 2020 – Joint meeting with the ICME
- ‘Engineering and Manufacturing in Scotland: Challenges and Opportunities.’ Paul Sheering, CEO Scottish Engineering
- 27th Thursday February 2020 Joint with TWI Aberdeen
- ‘Reducing gas flow in MIG welding.’ Speakers from Heriot Watt University.
- 19th May 2020 – Cancelled due to Covid-19
- Industrial Visit and talk
- ‘ Virtual Twins for Manufacturing’ Danny McMahon, Metrology & Digital Manufacturing Team Lead at the AFRC. Advanced Forming Research Centre, 85 Inchinnan Drive, Renfrewshire, PA4 9LJ
- 27th July 2020 – An event to celebrate the Life and Legacy of William Rankine
- July 2020 marks the bicentenary of the birth of William Rankine. Rankine is well known as one of the founding fathers of the science of thermodynamics but he is also a key figure in the fields of metallurgy, ship building and civil engineering.
- Each presentation in this celebratory webinar will deal with a specific field that Rankine influenced and will be delivered by a specialist in the subject with renowned physicist and TV presenter Helen Czerski hosting the session on Rankine’s legacy in thermodynamics.
- Register for your free place at ior.org.uk/events/william-rankine
Rankine 2020 Conference
The Rankine 2020 Conference is a unique virtual event which is bringing together the fields of power cycles, working fluids and RACHP application. This technical conference will feature 75 individual talks, 3 keynote addresses and 1 short course. Spaces are still available for the Rankine 2020 Conference and prices start from £168 inc .vat. This includes access to all live conference sessions, downloads of all 75 technical papers and unlimited access to recordings of talks until the end of this year.
If you want to take part in the full 5 day Rankine 2020 conference a delegate fee is payable – book at www.rankine2020.com