Meeting session 2022-23 will be primarily conducted via Zoom – where registration will be required either by emailing the Association for registration and details for attendance, or register via the link for the appropriate meeting. – Specific details are within the programme.
- 27th September 2022– AGM & Young Persons talks at 6pmOnline Registration
- Various talks from sponsored student activities and SAM prize winners.
- 25th October 2022– Online Lecture at 6pm– Registration
- ‘Clean Steelmaking’ – Pasquale Cavalieri, University of Salento
- 29th November 2022- Online Lecture at 6pm – Registration
- ‘Laser Processing of Metals’ – Prof Duncan Hand, Heriot Watt University
- 19th January 2023– Joint with Welding Institute Scottish branch at 630pm Hybrid Meeting – Registration
- Host – Hybrid format – Advanced Forming Research Centre at Inchinnan and on-line.
- Stewart McKinley, Skills Director, Manufacturing Skills Academy, will talk about the mission and role of NMIS (National Manufacturing Institute Scotland)
- Followed by ‘Engineering skills – mind the gap’ – Panel Discussion
- 23rd February 2023 – Joint with TWI Aberdeen at 6pm – Registration
- ‘Innovative UK Funded Project To Industrialise Low Vacuum Electron Beam Welding’ – James MacArthur, SSE & Chris Punshon, Cambridge Vacuum Engineering
- 21st March 2023 – Online Lecture at 6pm – Registration
- ‘Failure in Ti alloys’ – Eddy Saunders, Rolls Royce
- 16th May 2023 – at 630pm Postponed – hopefully reschedule in September
- Rolls Royce, River Dr, Inchinnan, Renfrew PA4 9AF
- Site visit and opportunity to see round the facility.